- Manage and execute a series of special projects as designated by the COO;
- Provide decision support through research, analysis of information, and clear presentation of considerations; and
- General support such as drafting emails, preparing agendas, scheduling, and other day-to-day tasks.
- Prepare presentations and leadership updates for internal audiences, such as leadership reports, summaries of board meetings, or compelling presentations for company-wide meetings;
- Prepare regular updates for our leadership teams and Staff Board (eg budget or HR update);
- Support communication between leadership and staff (eg town halls); and
- Generate monthly updates for the board.
- Help facilitate global leadership meetings, including calls between country directors and operational leaders;
- Plan and execute leadership offsites, usually in collaboration with the Chief of Staff to the CEO; and
- Support the preparation for board meetings.
Goals & Planning:
- Support goal-setting for a variety of global functions;
- Support teams to translate goals into plans and roadmaps (eg. targets and milestones, staffing plans, budgets, and metrics);
- Track and report on teams’ progress against goals; and
- Support the COO in developing and managing both the company’s strategic priorities and your combined work plan.
People & Talent:
- Support recruitment for leadership roles across our global operations;
- Support onboarding and transitions for leaders; and
- Support major change-management initiatives across the company.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Strategic thinking, in particular the ability break complex problems down into component parts. The ability to lead on and enjoy both strategic and tactical work is key.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, in particular the ability to interpret, distil, and convey information in a compelling manner.
- Excellent skills as a facilitator.
- Detail-oriented organizational skills to manage a wide range of incoming requests.
- Extensive planning and process management experience. If you have strong opinions about to-do lists and know how to build a GANTT chart, you’re probably reading the right job description.
- Notable emotional intelligence, in particular ability to establish strong and trusting relationships with a wide diversity of people.
- A love of numbers is a plus but not required. You jump right into analytics, financial projections, and complex data.
- Global experience is also a plus.
- As much passion for fun as any reasonable person will have for ice cream. It’s ok if the ice cream is vegan.
- Strong, genuine affinity for our mission, vision and values.
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 50 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
Plenty of vacation