- You care about people. You can’t wait to pick up the phone and talk to a petition starter to support their campaign, and then pick up the phone again to tell the story of their campaign to a journalist. When a campaign wins, you’re just as happy about the change that was won as the joy and empowerment the petition starter feels.
- You care about impact: you crave the next victory and are always on the hunt for the next big opportunity to change the world.
- You're driven by results: you use data to test your ideas, track your progress and measure your success.
- You've got knowledge and deep interest in the Australian media and political landscape, but you’re also in tune with what people who feel alienated by politics are talking about in their living rooms, at the school drop off and on their facebook pages.
- You understand power landscapes in Australia: how decisions are made and how to use digital campaigning and collective action to intervent in decision making processes.
- Your email and copywriting is killer. You've got a strong sense of narrative and user experience, and you can turn out compelling copy at short notice.
- You have a finger on the pulse of the latest campaign tactics. Petitions are just the beginning of many of our campaigns.
- You have experience in identifying campaign opportunities, and owning the development and execution of campaign strategy.
- You know how to get a campaign in the media: you have a sense of how to frame stories, where to get them placed and how to speak to journalists.
As the Senior Campaigner on our team, you will:
- Identify the most significant social change campaign opportunities in Australia, and critical intervention points for everyday people to gain more power in our democracy.
- Be responsible for leading campaign support for people who start petitions on our platform -- helping win groundbreaking and nation capturing campaigns across a wide variety of issues.
- Develop and execute rapid response campaign strategies, including innovative online and offline tactics, that help petition starters win campaigns that seem impossible.
- Pitch and secure media coverage of petitions by liaising with journalists and media outlets, preparing press notes and mentoring petition starters through media interviews.
- Engage with senior political and corporate decision makers across the country to facilitate responses and engagement with petitions.
- Write a whole lot of compelling copy & create online content about users' campaigns and impact, including emails, social and video content.
- Work with campaigns staff to help manage the largest social change email list in the country -- delivering new and best practice online engagement tactics.
- Identify and help deliver fundraising and membership retention tactics within campaigns to help grow Australia's membership program.
- Support petition starters by leading the organising of offline tactics like petition deliveries.
- Work with the Australian Executive Director to develop and effectively track ambitious campaign impact, growth and engagement goals and the KPIs to deliver these goals.
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 50 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
5 weeks vacation