Senior Accounting Manager
- Finance & Legal
- San Francisco
As a team leader of the Accounting group, you will:
- Manage the Accounting function, which includes GL, AP and AR and ensure that all transactions are recorded according to GAAP.
- Manage, coach and develop accounting team members.
- Communicate with and educate finance and non-finance team members on financial policies and reporting requirements.
- Oversee monthly, quarterly and year-end global financial reporting process and the preparation of the management report.
- Interface with auditors on annual audit and process control testing.
- Interface with outside tax consultants with accurate and timely preparation of tax returns and various other local tax or reporting requirements.
- Identify opportunities for process efficiencies and develop enhancements that will ultimately improve the overall efficiency of the Accounting process and procedures.
- Provide timely and accurate accounting information to customers on an ad hoc basis and other projects as directed by the VP of Finance.
This describes you:
- 10+ years of hands-on accounting experience with strong knowledge of GAAP, internal controls and financial reporting. Previous management experience is necessary.
- BS in Accounting/Finance required; CPA, CMA, MS degree a strong plus.
- Experience with international consolidation is a must.
- Must possess hands-on functional expertise including working knowledge of Enterprise-level accounting solutions such as NetSuite (strongly preferred), Oracle or SAP. Previous system migration experience is a plus.
- Strong computer skills with MS Excel, MS Word, Google Apps and Keynote. Previous financial modeling experience a strong plus.
- Highly analytical and organized coupled with the ability to multitask effectively without compromising the quality of work and enjoys creating structure..
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills with the ability to interact effectively and communicate with all levels of the company.
- Experience working in a start-up environment is a must.
- Prior experience in technical accounting research is a plus.
- You will be full of optimism about the positive change you are bringing to the world around you.
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 50 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
5 weeks vacation
Free language training