As a member of our team, you will:
- Own monthly, quarterly, and year-end accounting close activities and deliverables, including preparation and review of journal entries, reconciliations, and flux variance analysis.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with GAAP.
- Perform intercompany account reconciliations and consolidations, including foreign currency conversions and elimination entries.
- Document processes, identify opportunities for improvement, and contribute to their implementation.
- Assist with annual audits and process control testing.
- Provide timely, complete, and accurate accounting information to customers on an ad hoc basis, and complete other projects as directed by the Controller.
- Assist the Financial Planning Manager with the preparation of internal and external financial reports, performance monitoring, variance analysis, financial modeling, expense forecasting, and ad-hoc reporting and analysis.
This describes you:
- At least 5-8 plus years of hands-on accounting experience with strong knowledge of GAAP.
- BS in Accounting/Finance required; CPA, CMA, or MS degree a strong plus.
- Must possess hands-on functional expertise including working knowledge of Enterprise-level accounting solutions such as NetSuite (preferred), Oracle or SAP.
- Strong computer skills with MS Excel, MS Word, Google Apps and Keynote.
- Analytical and organizational skills coupled with the ability to multitask effectively without compromising quality of work.
- Experience working in a start-up environment is preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills with the ability to interact effectively and communicate with all levels of the company.
- You will bring a strong sense of ownership to your areas of responsibility, a spirit of collaboration to the team, and enthusiasm for the Company’s mission.
Interested? Great! Here's what you should know:
- This is a full-time opportunity.
- Most work is performed in an open and collaborative area.
- Strong preference will be given to candidates based in San Francisco Bay Area.
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 200 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
Plenty of vacation