Deputy Director of Communications & Government Relations, Change.org India
- Foundation Team India
- Employee - FT
- New Delhi, India
Decision Maker Outreach
- Work closely with the Campaigns team at Change.org to lead decisionmaker engagement and policy advocacy to drive impact on petitions started by regular citizens
- Build a strategy for Government Relations and Corporate engagement, and provide strategic advice on driving campaigns to impact.
- Scope and create opportunities for engaging with politicians, government representatives and corporates and prepare stakeholder mapping and risk analysis
- Implement the Government Relations strategy by persuading decision makers in the government and corporate sector to respond to campaigns using Change.org’s decision maker tool.
- Represent Change.org India’s work to relevant national and regional ministries, departments and institutions, civil society organizations and International organizations, to establish partnerships.
- Advise political leaders and their teams on starting social change campaigns on the platform.
- Devise and implement comprehensive and effective strategies for building the Change.org brand in India with national and regional media outlets.
- Work closely with the Country Director to build her brand and profile in the media and with other stakeholders.
- Represent Change.org at speaking events, conferences and media interviews, when required.
- Build high level relationships with media houses and senior journalists to support the development of our brand as the leading platform for people-powered change in India
- Assess and mitigate communications and brand risk to maintain the reputation of the Change.org brand in India
- Identify and execute strategies and tactics to tell compelling stories of success, people power, and impact through Change.org
- Establish and maintain deep partnerships with leading civil society organisations, established media outlets, celebrities, social media leaders and bloggers
- Collaborate with a global team of campaigns and communications experts to contribute in building the Change.org brand internationally
- Create content and event partnerships with media houses to establish the brand of Change.org as an industry leader in technology driven social change
- Manage a team of Communications Strategist, Content Strategist and graphic designer(s) and lead on the Communications strategy of Change.org
- Oversee national and regional media outreach on the grassroots campaigns that develop daily on Change.org
- Conceptualise branding events and project manage the successful implementation of the events
- Set quarterly and annual targets for branding and media outreach in consultation with the Communications team
- Oversee the social media calendar and creative content designed by the Content Strategist and the graphic designer to build the brand of Change.org
- Coordinate strategies between the social media team and campaigns team to create viral content for campaigns
The ideal candidate would have the following:
- A minimum of 10 years experience in working in a professional setting -- preferably in a social good company, or at a nonprofit, of which 4 or more years of experience as a manager
- Demonstrated experience of advocacy/government relations and using media for advocacy
- A reputation for good management of people and teams.
- Ability to grasp complex situations, simplify solutions and communicate this well.
- Demonstrated experience of working with multidisciplinary teams and dynamic environments
- Proven experience working in campaigning and online community management would be preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Hindi, the ability to negotiate tactfully and effectively
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of self-motivation, planning and organisation, and task orientation
- Ability to work on own initiative and organising time effectively within a range of often-conflicting deadlines.
- Capacity to juggle competing priorities and a busy programme of work while working to an agreed strategy
- A deep grasp of politics, the political process and current social justice issues within India
- A willingness to take risks, fail, and adapt
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 200 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
Plenty of vacation