What you’ll do:
- Work with data scientists and other data engineers to productize analytics and data models, developing and maintaining new ETL flows for new applications driven by model-based statistics and signals.
- Push the envelope with scalable data processing and model deployment solutions leveraging technologies such as Spark, Kafka, Kinesis, Airflow, DynamoDB, TensorFlow, TensorBoard etc.
- Build and support internal A/B testing and model evaluation platforms.
- Tool our systems for observability, including logging, metrics monitoring, and dashboarding.
- Have fun and make friends.
- 5 years development experience of which 2-3 years are focused on data or analytics engineering working with big data technologies (Hadoop: i.e. MapReduce, HDFS/Hive, Spark)
- Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Significant experience developing high quality software in Python, Scala or Java
- Proficient with data preprocessing, data transformation, and integration of data from multiple data sources (ETL processes)
- Experience with one of the following distributed relational databases: PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Experience developing for Linux-based deployment platforms, developing scalable, multithreaded server side software for deployment
- Experience designing and configuring hosted and cloud-based data and machine learning infrastructure
- Experience unit testing with frameworks and a dedication to thorough testing to create high quality software, i.e. JUnit
- Experience with productionizing feature engineering for machine/deep learning algorithms and exposure to machine learning algorithms and/or statistical modeling methods.
- Experience with API design/development (i.e. RPC, REST, JSON, XML, SOAP)
- Experience with NoSQL databases and key-value stores, such as Cassandra, Redis
- Experience with recommender, or search/ranking systems
- Experience with Kafka and Yarn or Mesos
- Experience with AWS services (Athena, Glue, Redshift, Kinesis) or Google cloud services (BigQuery, BigTable)
- BA/BS or above in Computer Science or a related field
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 50 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
Plenty of vacation