What you’ll do:
- Work with data scientists and other data and machine learning engineers to design and productize data models
- Re-architect clickstream processing pipelines, develop and maintain new ETL flows for analytics and machine learning needs
- Tool our systems for observability, reliability, and monitoring, and manage our warehouses for optimal performance at scale
- You’ll build and support internal A/B testing, multi-armed bandit and other experimentation platforms and push the envelope with scalable data processing solutions leveraging technologies such as Spark, Druid, Kafka/Kinesis, Lambda, Glue, Athena, etc.
- Most of all, you’ll have fun, make friends and enjoy a rewarding job helping activists all over the world to succeed in making social progress
- 5 years engineering experience with at significant experience designing, deploying and maintaining stream processing software (Kafka strongly preferred)
- Significant experience developing high quality reliable software in Python, Scala or Java
- Proficient with data preprocessing, enrichment, transformation, and integration processes from multiple data sources (ETLs)
- Experience with AWS (and other cloud) services
- Hands on experience with big data technologies (Hadoop: i.e. MapReduce/Presto, Druid, Spark) and scalable cloud data storage
- Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with recommender, or search/ranking systems
- Experience with cloud based relational data storage (eg. PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- BA/BS or above in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with NoSQL databases and key-value stores, such as Cassandra, Redis
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 200 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
Plenty of vacation