Campaigner, Women's Rights
- Full- time
- United States and Canada (San Francisco, CA, New York, NY, Washington, DC and Victoria, BC)
Here's what you'll do as part of our team:
- Identify compelling petitions started on Change.org and work with petition starters to optimize their petition text, develop strategies around waging their campaign, and work to feature these petitions to Change.org users;
- Think through campaign opportunities that could make for good petitions that address the problem of sexual harassment and a culture of sexual assault, and work to identify possible petition starters to lead those campaigns;
- Build out these campaigns so that they become dominant national stories with significant traction in the press and among Change.org’s userbase;
- Stitch together a narrative of campaigns that goes beyond just one individual petition winning, but to a movement of petitions winning and helping drive tangible systemic impact;
- Work directly with organizations and other groups/coalitions in the space to partner and collaborate on campaigns that tackle sexual assault and harassment;
- Secure media coverage for campaigns started on Change.org and work closely with the communications team to build deeper relationships with journalists covering sexual harassment, sexual assault, and gender justice;
- Stay up to date on news, politics, and pop culture to identify opportunities to engage the public in rapid response campaigns;
- Be accountable to rigorous goals related to impact, traffic, media coverage, and campaign momentum;
And here are some things that describe you, as well as the skills and experience we hope you have:
- Depth of knowledge and passion in the news, issues and campaigns confronting sexual harassment and sexual assault in the United States;
- Ability to suss out campaign opportunities and think of possibilities to get ahead of the news cycle;
- Strong organization and task management skills, with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment without heavy oversight, and to keep track of various tasks;
- Previous experience in grassroots organizing or social activism;
- Experience using social media and digital tools to bolster public engagement and reach broad audiences;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills;
- Ability to work remotely -- you will need to be comfortable speaking to petition starters via phone, on video calls, and working with colleagues on video conferences, chat platforms, etc.
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 50 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
5 weeks vacation