Software Engineer, Full Stack - SF
- North America - United States
Change.org is the world's largest technology platform for social change. Our goal is to empower people everywhere to start campaigns around the issues they care about, mobilize others, and work with decision makers to drive solutions. We’re also an innovative business – a "social enterprise” and a certified B Corporation, with a business model designed to support positive social impact (more about B Corps: www.bcorporation.net). Over 100 million people have signed petitions, and our users win nearly one victory per hour, including strengthening hate crime legislation in South Africa; fighting corruption in Indonesia, Italy, and Brazil; ending the ban on gay Boy Scouts in the United States, and big wins for women’s rights in India. And we’re just getting started. Here’s a small snapshot of why some of the 100 million people have signed Change.org petitions: youtu.be/UcT1rgZDko4 We love serving our incredible users, and we love our staff too. We show it with very competitive salaries, five weeks of vacation, robust maternity and parental leave, an amazing culture, free language training (if you want it), and a high impact, low-ego team that can’t wait to learn from you and teach you what they know.
Here's what you'll do as part of our team:
- Be part of a small, close-knit team.
- Work in an agile environment (TDD, pairing, short release cycles).
- Develop in a Mac OS X environment.
- Proactively refactor the codebase to improve its quality.
- Contribute to our bottom line through rigorous analytics and A/B testing.
- Use your skills to make the world better.
And here are the skills & experience we hope you have:
- 3+ years of industry experience.
- Experience working on high-performance, consumer-facing websites and / or a Github account that speaks for itself.
- Rewritten code to help yourself sleep better at night.
- Ability to navigate and grok an existing, large codebase.
- A solid understanding of scalability best practices in modern web application product development.
- Proficiency with Git and Unix command line.
The position is located in San Francisco. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed. We are working for a world where no one is powerless, and where creating change is a part of everyday life. We're just getting started, and we hope you'll join us.
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 50 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
5 weeks vacation
Free language training