Areas of responsibility will include:
- Seeding campaigns by reaching out to potential petition starters and partners, and escalating campaigns to impact with strategic advice and media support
- Advise petition starters on how to approach decision makers effectively and build partnerships to maximize chances of success
- Building relationships with media and social media influencers to support campaigns to reach a wide audience and generate momentum
- Curating and managing the country’s email outreach and marketing program and Change.org’s social media presence in the country
- Translating the Change.org platform into the relevant language in coordination with our engineering team, with attention to brand voice and ease of use for local users
- Launch and run membership program to sustain and grow local operations, including conducting landscape analysis on online payment systems and coordinating with our engineering team
Here are the knowledge, skills, and experience we hope you have:
- A deep commitment to our mission of empowering people everywhere to win campaigns on the critical issues of our times.
- A self starter mentality with a a strong grasp of political, social, economical issues that resonates with the public
- 5-8 years of experience in campaigns, communications, media, or social media
- An entrepreneurial mindset focused on launching and growing the Change.org team, brand, and sustainability.
- Excellent communication skills (spoken, written and typing) in the relevant local language, and in particular an ability to write email and social media content effectively on a short deadline.
- A knack for building relationships, with our users, civil society, the media, high level decision makers, and other important stakeholders.
- Fluency in English to be able to communicate with your fellow Change.org colleagues
- Results-oriented and data-driven attitude -- you know how to measure success and use metrics to guide data-driven decision making, or are willing to learn
- A willingness to take risks, fail, and adapt
- A Strong sense of fun, innovation, and give-and-take -- our team is constantly pushing the envelope and each other to challenge assumptions, go all-in, and imagine the impossible
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 200 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
Plenty of vacation