- Full- time
- San Francisco, CA, USA or New York, NY, USA or Washington, DC, USA
In this role, you will:
- Identify high-impact petitions started on Change.org and support petition starters to amplify their stories in the media and on social media.
- Pitch stories to press to generate media attention for campaigns and provide rapid response communications support for breaking news petitions.
- Craft compelling stories of success, people power, and impact through Change.org; including writing messaging, press notes, and communications content about campaigns.
You’re a great fit for this role if you have:
- 1 - 3 years experience working in communications, public relations, or media.
- Commitment to our mission of empowering people everywhere to create the change they want to see in the world.
- Strong writing skills and an ability to quickly turnaround compelling copy that clearly communicates the stakes of the issue at hand.
- Experience using social media and digital tools to bolster public engagement and reach broad audiences.
- A keen understanding of the news cycle, with an eye for spotting media moments and an understanding of the power of storytelling and narrative.
- A strong connection the “cultural zeitgeist” - you know who is talking about what, where and which petitions could thus dominate national narratives.
- Strong organization and task management skills, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and keeping track of multiple moving pieces.
- Strong sense of fun and experimentation -- our team is constantly trying new tactics, taking risks, and pushing ourselves to challenge assumptions, go all-in, and imagine the impossible.
As a bonus, you might also have:
- Relationships with reporters and writers who work for sizable media outlets.
- Relationships with communities that have faced disadvantage, discrimination or marginalization.
- Experience working remotely -- you will need to be comfortable speaking to petition starters via phone, on video calls, and working with colleagues on video conferences, chat platforms, etc.
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 50 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
Plenty of vacation