- Own the Engineering Team’s Vision, Structure & Strategy: Own the vision of the engineering team’s current and future org structure and strategy as we scale from 60 to over 100 engineers across 3 offices with the goal of continually improving our capacity for effective execution.
- Grow & Support an Outstanding Team: Retain and expand a team of outstanding engineering leaders aligned with the org structure and strategy, and drive team-wide retention and performance through mentorship and inspirational leadership.
- Drive Key Company Results: Drive ambitious top-line company goals of growth, engagement, and revenue through rapid, effective execution on an ambitious product plan.
- Maintain Performance, Stability, & Risk: Ensure we maintain strong processes for quality, risk management, high availability, and performance.
- Collaborate across Countries & Cultures: Partner with peer executives in Product and our Country teams as well as with leaders based in 18 different countries to achieve joint goals.
- Leadership & Management: Demonstrated excellence in leading and managing a high-performing, agile engineering organization -- including attracting, mentoring, inspiring, and driving excellent results from a strong engineering team. A history of managing managers and coaching leaders, as well as strong communication skills with a variety of audiences, technical and non-technical.
- Technical Depth & Breadth: Previous experience with global consumer internet platforms, with a broad technical understanding ranging from feature work to platform big data infrastructure. Experience with modern web technologies, with rapid deploy, rapid and automated scaling, and high volume, high availability distributed systems.
- Business Understanding & Strategy: Strength in understanding how engineering goals tie to overall company strategy and future vision, a capability of balancing resourcing trade-offs and many different considerations in technical and business decision-making. Strong skills with estimating, budgeting and planning.
- Mission first: You are low-ego and believe that the first priority should be advancing the mission of the organization.
- Dedication to learning: You are open to and create a culture of honest, direct, regular, compassionate feedback and dedicated to fostering a culture of learning.
- Commitment to diversity: You have a deep commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive team, demonstrated through such things investing heavily in recruiting people from a wide range of backgrounds, removing unconscious bias in interviews, and ensuring staff can bring their full selves to work.
- Consumer Internet scale: You have worked on scaled platforms that have at least 1 million daily transactions (experience with systems of larger transaction volume is preferred, but not required).
- Growing & managing a team: You have scaled an engineering team and managed managers (experience leading teams with multiple layers of management is preferred, but not required).
- High velocity, agile development: You have extensive experience in an engineering environment dedicated to high velocity, agile development (experience with autonomous teams is preferred, but not required).
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 200 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
Plenty of vacation