As a member of the team you will:
- Play a lead role in supporting Change.org’s IT environment, managing the full systems life cycle for staff - setting up new hires, resolving support queries and managing efficient offboarding.
- Ensure the smooth running of a number of core SaaS systems, from SSO to Google Apps and Device Management tools, and be the lead on the management of our Corporate Network.
- You will form strong partnerships with staff in our Security and DevOps teams to ensure a smooth blending where our IT infrastructure and our development environments meet.
- Working in partnership with our Enterprise Systems Manager you will supervise the delivery of services by our 3rd party partners in a number of locations.
- Lead on the development of IT policy documentation, our support knowledge base and develop a programme of training for both new and existing staff.
- You will take a holistic approach to the ongoing evolution of our IT environment. You will assess the needs of the organisation, and enhance the security, effectiveness, and value of our suite of services by improving our use of current solutions or proposing new tools on the market.
Skill and experience you will have:
- You will be required to take ownership of your work and help provide technical direction of the IT Team, prioritising work and communicating well across the organisation.
- You will be expected to contribute to the IT roadmap and set team goals, and you will deliver projects in-line with that roadmap.
- You will have a flexible approach, be able to work in a fast paced environment and demonstrate your ability to design and deliver creative solutions to a variety of operational challenges.
- You will have experience of stakeholder management, understanding how to communicate and engage with staff and work with both internal staff and external resources.
- This role requires an advanced level of technical experience, and a strong background implementing and managing a wide number of SaaS solutions, both infrastructural systems and deploying tools used directly by staff.
- You will be adept at assessing new tools and being able to constantly evolve your expertise in line with the organisations focus and the changing landscape of the industry.
- Well-developed communication skills are essential. You will need to be able to write well in a variety of styles, including producing documentation, developing training materials, updating staff handbooks, policy documents, and producing organisation-wide communications.
- You will have experience managing a significant budget for hardware, software and professional services, be able to negotiate with supplier and vendors and be involved with strategic planning of the IT budget and support proposals for investments in development and growth.
- A familiarity with working with a remote and global workforce is highly desirable, and a knowledge of additional languages would be an advantage.
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 200 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
Plenty of vacation