Communications & Social Media Manager
- London, United Kingdom
Here's what you'll do as part of our team:
- You will be responsible for running the UK Change.org press office - with your strong network of media contacts you'll be pitching stories about people power, driving coverage of our users’ campaigns and getting journalists and the general public excited about the petitions on our site.
- You will work with our campaigns team to help our users win their campaigns -- linking up the stories on the site with the journalists and other stakeholders who might help drive those petitions to victory.
- You'll lead on developing our social media strategy as a vital communications channel; creating video content, graphics and tracking results to build our brand, audience and engagement on our social media channels.
- Engage with different content publishers (i.e. print media, broadcast media, online media etc) to communicate campaign messages and organisational communications.
- You will identify and execute on innovative strategies and tactics to tell compelling stories of success, people power, and impact through Change.org, building relevant external relationships to support the development of our brand as the leading platform for people-powered change.
- Assessing and mitigating communications and brand risk and maintaining the reputation of the Change.org brand in the UK
This describes you:
- 3-5 years experience with a background in journalism or proven examples of pitching stories to media.
- A hunger for news and an enthusiasm and aptitude for campaigning press work -- using the media to help people win campaigns, you'll chase the news cycle and have a deep grasp of UK media.
- Experience in social media content development ideally having used video creation tools (eg Wotchit), tracking and analysis and able to produce graphics for social media.
- Innovative ideas on how to use communications, media and storytelling to win local, national and international campaigns.
- Insightful understanding of messaging and framing, and the judgment to repeatedly find the right message to engage Change.org users, decision makers, journalists and other stakeholders.
- A deep commitment to our mission of empowering people to win campaigns on the critical issues of our times.
- You have a can-do, positive attitude, are self-motivated and keen to learn. You flourish working in a low-structure team environment and have a willingness to take risks, to fail, and to adapt.
- You should enjoy working in an online environment, using social media and collaborating using online tools. You thrive working in a fast paced news or tech environment.
- You have a track record of good judgment. You’re able to make sound decisions in fast-moving situations.
- Understanding of messaging and framing, and the judgment to repeatedly find the right message to engage Change.org users, decision makers, journalists and other stakeholders.
- Optional: Experience of working alongside CEOs and leaders and supporting them in drafting op-eds, media quotes, presentations and speeches.
- Optional: Understanding of UK politics, the political process and current social justice, economic and environmental issues within the UK.
- Professional fluency in written and spoken English and able to turn around copy quickly.
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 50 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
5 weeks vacation
Free language training