Here's what you'll do as part of our team:
- Manage the team’s roadmap and lead technical projects.
- Support and develop Software Engineers through mentorship and coaching.
- Architect new systems and components.
- Troubleshoot scaling and deployment issues.
- Proactively refactor the codebase to improve its quality.
- Work in an agile development environment (Kanban, iterative development, short release cycles).
- Teach, learn, and document.
- Collaboration - you demonstrate great communication and teamwork.
- Proactive - you are able to drive projects forward with minimal intervention.
- Personable - you are able to handle challenges and disagreements effectively.
- Technical excellence - you demonstrate mastery of specific skills.
- Learner - you are driven to learn and grow.
- Mentor - you desire to mentor less experienced engineers.
- Drive - you have a curious attitude and a desire to increase the impact of the platform.
- 2+ years in a technical leadership or management role
- 5+ years programming experience
- Proficiency in Ruby and/or Rails or similar language/framework
- Proficiency with SQL and data stores (prefer MySQL, Redis, Redshift)
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure and CDNs
- Proficiency designing and building performant RESTful services
- Proficiency with unit, integration and regression testing
- Experience with large scale distributed systems and microservice architectures
- Solid understanding of performance and scalability
Nice to haves:
- BS, MS in Computer Science or similar
- Experience with serverless infrastructure (lambda/SQS/SNS)
- Experience with containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Familiarity with server provisioning tools (Chef)
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with NGINX and Cloudflare
- Understanding of internationalization systems and concepts
- Experience with data-driven iterative development
- Experience working with agile methodology
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 200 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
Plenty of vacation