- Own the Recruiting and Growth of our Application Development Team: Recruit and retain the top talent in competitive markets such as the SF Bay Area, implement the team structure and strategy to ensure diversity and inclusion as we scale, and develop the engineering leaders.
- Deliver Timely and Innovative Product Features: Participate in product and engineering roadmap design to drive revenue growth, user engagement and user expansion through rapid, effective execution of an ambitious product plan.
- Improve Performance, Reliability and Process: Collaborate with other leaders to continuously evaluate and update engineering processes to improve system availability, reliability, and performance. Continuously seek to optimize the work processes and tools for engineers to increase their job satisfaction and productivity.
- Foster and Build our Engineering Culture: Partner with People team and other engineering leaders to build a collaborative, innovative and inclusive engineering culture. Be the transformational leader in our Diversity & Inclusion journey.
- Team & People Management: Demonstrated success in recruiting, retaining, coaching, and mentoring diverse engineering talent in a competitive market. Expert in developing engineering leaders, team and culture building, and adept at conflict management.
- Collaboration & Communication: You maintain, develop, and nurture critical and broad cross-functional relationships in Product Development and across the company. You facilitate discussions at multiple organizational levels, adapt communication style for varying degrees of technical aptitude, coach engineering leaders on effective communication and believe feedback is a gift.
- Product Development: You have a breadth and depth of technical knowledge and understand how to guide engineering leaders to architect and implement user-centric consumer applications. You are an inventive problem solver, have a high level of accountability and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- 10+ years of successful engineering leadership at large-scale consumer internet software companies.
- Experience managing engineering teams of twenty people or more.
- Experience building and nurturing an inclusive engineering culture and applications that focus on high quality, frequent delivery, high performance, and the most impactful business results.
- Demonstrated experience with Agile techniques including Scrum, Kanban, release planning, continuous integration, continuous testing, paired programming, etc.
- Experience implementing consumer applications that included collaboration with AI/ML researchers and data scientists is a plus.
- Experience with cloud-based technologies and platforms, expertise working with AWS is a plus.
- Mission first: You are low-ego and believe that the first priority should be advancing the mission of the organization.
- Dedication to learning: You are open to and create a culture of honest, direct, regular, compassionate feedback and dedicated to fostering a culture of learning.
- Commitment to diversity: You have a deep commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive team, demonstrated through such things investing heavily in recruiting people from a wide range of backgrounds, removing unconscious bias in interviews, and ensuring staff can bring their full selves to work.
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 200 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
Plenty of vacation