Senior Product Manager
- Full- time
- San Francisco, CA or Victoria, British Columbia
The best candidates will demonstrate a strong track record of being:
- Deeply curious about what makes people tick, how they behave in digital environments, and in particular what leads them to act on the issues they care about.
- Structured and analytical. You break problems down. Passionate about and a champion of data-informed decision making, and working with numbers.
- Results oriented, and impatient. You understand that the key to success is focus. You feel like things are never moving fast enough.
- An experienced and empathetic leader. You can weave together disparate input to create a compelling and aligned vision. You understand tradeoffs, make sound decisions. Consider different perspectives. Your verbal and written communication are superlative.
- Strategic, but sweating the details. You specialize in finding ways to do the least amount of work possible in order to get maximum impact, and make sure that every single detail is right along the way.
To succeed as a Senior PM you’ll need to be well rounded and proven in all the above areas, but the best candidates will also spike deeply in a few of these ways:
- Data analysis: Just as comfortable moving from pivot tables to MySQL queries. You’ve got a strong handle on statistics and experimentation data.
- Tech: You’ve built, worked in or understand the technical architecture of complex and highly scalable web applications.
- Writing: You’ve spent hours finding just the right phrase, that little elegant punchy sentence that motivates, inspires and compels.
- Campaigning: You’ve worked on and won advocacy campaigns that mobilize the public, shape opinion, pressure decision makers and drive change. You understand power, and think about systems.
- UX: You’ve designed or produced simple, intuitive and delightful user interfaces and experiences.
- Product Development: You have a history of creating loved products used by large numbers of people.
The core responsibilities of a Senior Product Manager at Change.org will be to work with and lead a pod of design/engineering in order to:
- Identify opportunities: Dig through data, talk to users, look at competitors, talk to our own team, and look at big picture trends in consumer web. Use all these to identify opportunities that grow our users impact, grow our engaged audience, increase our sustainability and deliver value to users.
- Set direction: Collaborate with leadership, engineers, designers and campaigners to build and set a longer term product direction that we’re working towards, with clear goals and measurements of success.
- Scope features: Turn ideas and direction into ruthlessly prioritized and tightly scoped features that can be built fast and iterated on. Work with engineering and design to assess upside, analyze cost, and always have a plan for what the next big swing will be.
- Lead implementation: Shepherd features through the full implementation lifecycle. Identify and break through roadblocks, ensure timely coordination with and communication to relevant stakeholders.
- Analyze results: Dig into quantitative and qualitative data to understand how users engage with a feature or product. Pull out relevant insights. Use your judgment and data to decide on next steps.
- Learn, iterate, improve: Build and manage your team’s process such that you’re always learning, always improving efficiency, and regularly releasing high impact, delightful features.
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 50 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
5 weeks vacation