Here’s what you’ll do as part of our team:
- Identify opportunities: Dig through data, talk to users, look at competitors, talk to our own team, and look at big picture trends in consumer web. Use all these to identify opportunities that grow our users’ impact, grow our engaged audience, increase our sustainability and deliver value to users.
- Set direction: Collaborate with leadership, engineers, designers and campaigners to build and set a longer term product direction that we’re working towards, with clear goals and measurements of success.
- Scope features: Turn ideas and direction into ruthlessly prioritized and tightly scoped features that can be built fast and iterated on. Work with engineering and design to assess upside, analyze cost, and always have a plan for what the next big swing will be.
- Lead implementation: Shepherd features through the full implementation lifecycle. Identify and break through roadblocks, ensure timely coordination with and communication to relevant stakeholders.
- Analyze results: Dig into quantitative and qualitative data to understand how users engage with a feature or product. Pull out relevant insights. Use your judgment and data to decide on next steps.
- Learn, iterate, improve: Build and manage your team’s process such that you’re always learning, always improving efficiency, and regularly releasing high impact, delightful features. Teach, mentor, and share best practices to help team members grow and continuously elevate the overall team.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 4+ years experience in software product management, with at least 2 years experience managing consumer internet products.
- Proven product sense: You have the ability to make high-quality product decisions and manage ambiguity and uncertainty. You’re comfortable making decisions ranging from roadmap all the way down to user interface details.
- Strong analytical sense: You use quantitative and qualitative data to evaluate problems and derive solutions. You know how to create simple models in order to forecast the impact of features.
- Results-oriented and love execution: You’re able to align people toward an objective and orchestrating complex projects, and great at communicating and collaborating with cross functional partners.
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English.
- Writing and understanding basic SQL.
- Experience using the OKR process for setting goals.
- Experience working with teams based in North America.
- Experience working on global products with millions of daily active users.
- Experience on social impact or nonprofit products.
- Experience working on marketplace products.
- Experience with SEM, SEO.
- Experience with growth marketing and AB testing.
- Proficient in spoken French.
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 200 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
Plenty of vacation