VP of North America
- Full- time
- San Francisco, CA or New York, NY
As the VP of North America you will:
- Design and execute an innovative, ambitious and rigorous revenue strategy which positions the US and Canada as sustainable, high ROI markets. Our principal revenue streams are user-generated: promoted petitions and membership. Both depend on inspiring, high impact campaigns, creative and sustainable acquisition strategies, a sophisticated understanding of user engagement and retention, and a ruthless level of attention to data.
- Brand Change.org as the world’s leading hub for civic organizing, and one of the highest impact social change brands in the United States. With almost 200m users, Change.org organically generates thousands of ‘media hits’ each month. Our media-optimized model of campaign support supercharges that further. Your role would be to work in partnership with and oversee a small communications team that develops innovative ways of elevating the ‘behind-the-scenes’ story of both the impact Change.org has, and the social good company behind it.
- Develop and evangelize a vision of impact which brings together a wide diversity of interests, causes, and backgrounds. The diversity of and emotional power of campaigns on Change.org is the ‘secret sauce’ that drives the impact of the platform. Our impact model and campaigning is strong… Working with other leaders, your role would be both to ensure that continues, and to develop a vision for how we can convert a large volume and diversity of ‘impact moments’ into higher impact, sustainable movements.
- Manage and lead a team of campaigners, communications staff, writers, digital fundraising experts, and managers. This includes recruiting and retaining great talent, setting ambitious goals and motivating the team to hit them, fostering a culture of growth and collaboration, building efficient systems, and operational management (budgets, HR, etc).
- Provide executive leadership to the broader company. As one of our most senior leaders, you will work collaboratively with other leaders to ‘think big’ about the opportunities around us, problem solve the challenges we face, and foster a culture defined by our values.
- Run a successful, diverse, large scale digital campaigning and/or fundraising program. You have a deep understanding of data and performance metrics as it relates to digital advocacy (open rates, CTR, conversion, etc), and 10+ years of experience in digital advocacy, marketing, a mission-driven business, or another related field is preferred.
- Experience with social change campaigning -- knowledge of what it takes to drive and win advocacy campaigns.
- A strong understanding of how to build high impact brands, along with the skills required to lead a prominent international brand (excellent written, public speaking, relationship building, and outreach skills)
- Demonstrated success owning revenue. You’ve been accountable for revenue targets and have some business development experience.
- Excellent data / analytics skills. You can navigate, interpret, and gain insights from a complex funnel of performance metrics.
- A long track record of leading and inspiring high performing teams. You have demonstrated success hiring and retaining great people, unifying large teams with disparate skills and interests, and leading them to success.
- Extensive connections with senior leadership at organizations and mission-driven business doing digital advocacy, digital fundraising, and social change work.
- A deep inner calling to empower people everywhere to create the change they want to see, and along with a deep understanding of ecosystem of social change of which we are part.
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 50 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
5 weeks vacation
Free language training