As a Senior Product Designer, you will:
- Collaborate with your product manager and lead engineer to develop a strategy and roadmap that aligns with business and user needs. Every project is conceived and developed by the triad (designer, PM, lead engineer) so you’ll play a critical role in deciding which opportunities to tackle.
- Lead design in your product area from conception to implementation. You’ll run brainstorming sessions, define user journeys, design and test prototypes, and ensure pixel-perfect execution.
- Think big and set a vision for how your team will solve challenging problems. Collaborate to identify the riskiest assumptions and break the project down into multiple releases - each with clear objectives and success criteria.
- Ship designs and test, test, test, test. Understand what works by digging into quantitative data and understand why by conducting qualitative research studies.
- Help evolve our style guide and brand identity. The design team is small, therefore you’ll play a big role in shaping our visual language.
- Mentor other designers and build a positive team culture.
- Identify pain points throughout the product and work across teams to develop solutions.
You’re a great fit for this role if you have:
- Tackled complex challenges and shipped delightful and intuitive solutions.
- Seamlessly alternated between thinking at a big picture strategy level and fine-tuning nuanced design details.
- Clear, transparent, and proactive written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in both interaction and visual design.
- Skillfully crafted user research studies and iterated on your designs accordingly.
- A sufficient amount of front-end (HTML/CSS/JS) familiarity to collaborate with engineers on your team.
- Excelled at giving and receiving design feedback.
- Worked for over 5 years designing consumer-facing products.
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 200 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
Plenty of vacation