Senior Software Engineering Manager (ML Platform)
- Data Science
- Employee - FT
- San Francisco, USA
- Lead our ML/AI platform team on daily operations and the ongoing management and evolution of our ML/AI platform
- Recruit, manage, and develop team
- Contribute to the ongoing vision and evolution of our ML infrastructure, delivery, and observability tools.
- Work with constituent teams to establish the roadmap, sequencing, and priorities for your team
- Break down complex and long term projects, estimate efforts, drive the team on implementation, communicate progress and results.
- Willing and able to jump in to support projects as an individual contributor, or to troubleshoot scaling and deployment issues and coach junior engineers.
The most important capabilities for this role are:
- People Management, Coaching & Mentorship: A good Manager and Coach who is able to support team growth on different management styles and projects and mentor different members of the team. Experienced managing engineers in a fast-paced Agile development environment (usually that’s 2+ years in a technical leadership or management role)
- Planning & Execution: A good planner and executor that excels in deconstructing projects into a well defined action plan. Is also excellent at giving others on the team an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Coding Skills, Architecture & Design, Performance: Understanding of ML & exposure to ML/AI platforms for planning and collaboration with the ML/AI research team. Expert level experience in Cloud computing, architecture, and cost management (AWS, GCP). Superior knowledge with at least two of the following: Spark, MapReduce, Hadoop, Scala. Demonstrated capacity of building platforms (typically at least 3 years of hands on experience)
- Communication: A good communicator who sets standards of collaboration and communication across a large group. Some who is viewed as a leader and would proactively start conversations that solve problems. Ability to listen, communicate, collaborate, mentor and empathize with all stakeholders.
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 200 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
Plenty of vacation