You're an email leader. You will:
- Articulate a vision for a world class email program, and develop the strategy to get there;
- Lead quarterly roadmap process to determine highest value focus areas for email programs in each market;
- Develop a robust testing and learning agenda and drive experiments to optimize email performance
You're a coach and mentor. You will:
- Coach emailers around the world to write compelling content, and improve their storytelling and email design
- Convene regular forums for emailers to share insights and support each other
- Provide ongoing support and coaching on email best practice: list management, use of tools, program design, testing practices, interpreting email engagement data and assessing performance
You're all about getting results. You will:
- Project manage key email projects that improve user experience
- Deliver analysis on our global email performance to company leaders and key stakeholders
- Represent the needs of emailers to internal stakeholders, including product, analytics, and membership teams; particularly to inform new tool development, goal setting and triage, resolution of blockers.
The critical experience and skills we're looking for in our ideal candidate are:
- List management & email system design: designing approaches to emailing that engage users with content relevant to them, at a frequency appropriate to them. Ideally, you have run a large scale, successful email program. Experience running an email program for a campaigns, humanitarian, or social justice organization is a plus.
- Copywriting: writing emails for various purposes but particularly for campaigning. Emails that can tell compelling stories, inspire belief, drive actions - using text, images and video.
It'd be a bonus if you had some of the following:
- Email best practices: subject-line writing, building emails in CRMs / emailing systems, evaluating test results, designing user journeys, email layout design
- Facilitation & verbal communication: run meetings with various stakeholders for purposes such as developing ideas and strategies, sharing best practices, and troubleshooting problems
- Leadership & Coaching: guiding staff in a globally distributed organization to improve their work, typically without direct authority over their work
- Interpreting data and structured analysis: use data and analysis to review email performance, identify the biggest opportunities & issues, and recommend solutions
Interested? Great! Here's what you should know:
- This is a full-time opportunity.
- Our preference is you're based in one of our European offices (London, Paris, Madrid) or in New York, although we’re open to candidates elsewhere.
- We’re looking for someone as soon as possible!
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 200 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
Plenty of vacation