Campaigns and Membership Manager, Canada
- Full- time
- Victoria, British Columbia
Here’s what you’ll do as part of our team:
- Identify and prioritize promising campaigns started by Canadians using Change.org, and help these campaigns win by conducting outreach to petition starters and media, featuring petitions to Change.org users via our email platform and social media channels, and helping petition starters more deeply engage their signers;
- Design, manage and win major campaigns through thorough research and planning - including campaign narrative, strategy, tactics, timelines, messaging, media planning - based on your understanding of power and leverage points needed to win campaigns;
- Work with a core team focused on scaling Change.org’s membership program to build members in Canada and drive Canadian revenue goals. This will be closely integrated with the impact work of campaigning, and you’ll be part of a team executing on this priority;
- In collaboration with the North America Email and Membership Manager, drive user engagement via email for Canadian users and be responsible for hitting monthly active user engagement goals for Canada;
- Build and maintain relationships and partnerships with petition starters, organizations, activists, community members, and decision-makers to facilitate the use of our platform for social change;
- Work with a small team of business development staff members to drive a few other smaller revenue goals focused on Change.org’s sponsored petition product.
- Regularly audit and spot compelling campaign opportunities from petitions that are started by Canadian users -- looking for opportunities to feature petitions to Canadian users via email, and to share the stories of petition starters with media;
- Support petition starters with campaign escalation -- coaching and advising them on taking their petitions to the next level by engaging their signers, developing escalation tactics to move campaigns forward, and to ultimately engage decision-makers that are at the heart of petitions;
- Build and grow a base of Change.org members who support the work of the platform and the work of Canadian petition starters;
- Develop relationships with Canadian journalists to grow the Change.org brand in Canada and developing communications strategies in collaboration with the North America Communications Director;
- Develop relationships with organizations and NGOs in Canada to support their work on Change.org or to connect them to petition starters to amplify their campaigns;
- Write content for emails sent to Canadian users, for Change.org’s Canadian social media channels, and for the Change.org blog.
Here are the skills and experience we’re looking for:
- Deep commitment to our mission of empowering people everywhere to win campaigns on the critical issues of our times;
- Familiarity with and experience in online fundraising tactics, email list engagement, and cultivating/building membership or subscription programs;
- 5+ years experience in grassroots organizing, political campaigning, social activism, or community engagement;
- Proven ability to juggle multiple campaigns in different phases of the campaign cycle simultaneously through prioritization, communication, and timeline-driven planning;
- Keen understanding of the Canadian media landscape and news cycle and how to work within it to highlight important issues through the power of storytelling and narrative;
- Social media skills that show an ability to engage followers and create content that gains traction and shares;
- Comfortable working virtually -- though you’ll have some colleagues physically in the office, the North American team is spread across multiple cities and time zones, and globally we work with colleagues in nearly 20 countries;
- In-depth understanding of Canadian political landscape, current affairs, and civil society groups.
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 50 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
5 weeks vacation
Free language training