As the Director of Learning and Development you will:
- Develop, design, and implement inspiring, innovative and scalable training and growth experiences for our Team.
- Build a multi-faceted management and leadership training program, beginning with core management skills and eventually helping leaders to better navigate complex change and organizational management.
- Collaborate with leaders across the organization in all areas of training and development, to ensure training programs meet overall organizational needs.
- Create a culture of learning, in which staff from around the world both contribute to and gain from an ecosystem of trainings across a wide diversity of topics and expertise.
- Organize soft skills training such as active listening, feedback, navigating conflict, and even storytelling.
- Master the art of scaling trainings to run well remotely (via Zoom) and having people feel as though you are in the room!
This describes you:
- Demonstrated success building learning and/or professional growth programs, ideally at scale
- Strong leadership skills
- Experience managing cross-functional relationships and priorities, and working in a fast-paced environment..
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience coaching and developing others to reach their potential.
- You love to create and enjoy the challenge of building something from scratch.
- You have a culturally inclusive mindset, focusing on rolling out programs that work across our different offices around the globe.
- You embrace virtual learning platforms and deploy strategies that will keep people from different cultural contexts engaged.
- You have a flexible approach to things, and the ability to adapt to evolving environments. You consider yourself sponge-like, taking in anything and everything there is to learn.
- You take fun seriously, believing that learning should be enjoyable for all those involved.
- All of the above would be great, but talent, enthusiasm, and leadership matter more to us than ticking boxes.
Interested? Great! Here's what you should know:
- This is a full-time opportunity.
- We are open to candidates based anywhere in North America or Europe, with a slight preference for candidates in San Francisco, CA
- Travel is expected at least once a quarter.
- Our entire organization is waiting and ready for you!
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 50 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
Plenty of vacation