- Deliver a world class email experience for nearly 2 million active Change.org users -- helping drive impact and engagement in petitions and digital content across a broad spectrum of issues and campaigns;
- Draft and edit email content sent to users, ensuring high-quality storytelling and consistency in standards and brand;
- Develop and execute the email distribution strategy, delicately weighing the ongoing support of a first-class user experience and revenue growth;
- Track progress to goals -- signatures, memberships, testing pipeline, and revenue from email -- and report out and communicate regularly with the team about results, insights and learnings, using a suite of tracking tools (Chartio, Mixpanel, etc.);
- Regularly audit and spot compelling campaign opportunities from petitions that are started by Change.org users -- looking for opportunities to feature petitions to our users;
- Conduct outreach to organizations and individuals who start petitions to provide them with strategic advice on how to best use the tools available on Change.org and achieve victory;
- Stay up to date on current events, national politics, and pop culture to identify opportunities to engage the public in rapid response campaigns with the potential to engage millions of Canadians;
- Ensure the email program in Canada is tracking on pace to goals, and reliably serves users high-quality, error-free and consistent content;
- Maintain email production workload, working with numerous stakeholders across the company to execute on tactics to meet email engagement and conversion goals;
- Monitor performance of emails and engagement efforts, regularly communicating insights from the work with stakeholders throughout the company, flagging any issues in reporting or send execution to relevant parties;
- Represent Canada email in meetings and on calls, serving as a point of contact for the program throughout the company;
- Support the needs of other internal teams, either by way of setting up an email to support a cross-functional goal, attending meetings to provide feedback, or answering questions related to email/our email program.
- Review recommended petitions for specific audiences, contribute to writing of staff drafts when appropriate, draft subject lines; approve and edit drafts of emails as needed from other members of the North American team.
This describes you:
- Proficiency in Salesforce Marketing Cloud or another similar customer relationship management (CRM) tool;
- One to two years experience in delivery of email/digital content to a significant audience;
- Well versed in email marketing and digital advertising tactics and tools;
- Data savvy and highly numerate -- able to work across formats with segmentation, analysis and reporting;
- Competent in Microsoft Excel/Google Spreadsheets is a must;
- Familiar with HTML;
- You have a 'can-do' attitude and are a self-starter not afraid to propose new ideas to test and implement;
- You have a keen eye for the power of story to help drive action and are a strong writer and communicator;
- Experience in either social business, nonprofits or politics is a plus;
- Experience with SQL desirable (though not required);
- Fluency in French would be an amazing asset, but not a requirement (fluency in English is).
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 50 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
5 weeks vacation