Here's what you'll do as part of our team:
- Take part in regular creative brainstorming sessions to improve the product quality.
- Work in an agile development environment (Kanban, iterative development, short release cycles).
- Lead technical projects.
- Support and develop Software Engineers through mentorship and coaching.
- Architect new systems and components.
- Troubleshoot scaling and deployment issues.
- Proactively refactor the codebase to improve its quality.
- Contribute to our bottom line through rigorous analytics and A/B testing.
- Teach, learn, and document.
- Collaboration - you demonstrate great communication and teamwork.
- Proactive - you are able to drive projects forward with minimal intervention.
- Personable - you are able to handle challenges and disagreements effectively.
- Technical excellence - you demonstrate mastery of specific skills.
- Learner - you are driven to learn and grow.
- Mentor - you desire to mentor less experienced engineers.
- Drive - you have a curious attitude and a desire to increase the impact of the platform.
- Proficiency with SQL and data stores (prefer MySQL, Redis, Redshift).
- Proficiency designing and building performant RESTful services.
- Familiarity with microservice & cloud architectures.
- Understanding of caching strategies.
- Proficiency with different testing tools and methodologies.
- Ability to effectively cost & scope technical work.
- Experience with Node.js.
- Proficiency with Git or other distributed version control systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with interservice communication paradigms.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Ruby and/or Rails.
- Experience working, or integrating, with payment gateways (PayPal, Braintree, Stripe).
- Experience with testing libraries Mocha, Jest, Sinon.js, RSpec.
- Experience with GraphQL or Falcor data platforms.
- Experience with containers (Docker, Kubernetes, Amazon ECS).
- Previous experience leading a team.
- Experience teaching and mentoring.
- Experience with AWS suite.
- Familiarity with server provisioning tools (Chef).
- Experience working with agile methodology.
- Experience with data-driven iterative development.
- Proficiency with browser developer tools.
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 50 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
Plenty of vacation