Campaigns Specialist, Canada
- Full- time
- Victoria, British Columbia
Here’s what you’ll do as part of our team:
- Support impactful campaigns through research and planning -- including campaign narrative, tactics, timelines and messaging -- based on your understanding of power and leverage points needed to win campaigns.
- Regularly audit and spot compelling campaign opportunities from petitions that are started by Change.org users -- looking for opportunities to feature petitions to users via email, and to share the stories of petition starters over social media, to traditional media through outreach to journalists and press outlets, and on Change.org’s blog.
- Conduct outreach to organizations and individuals who start petitions to provide them with strategic advice on how to best use the tools available on Change.org and achieve victory
- Stay up to date on current events, national politics, and pop culture to identify opportunities to engage the public in rapid response campaigns with the potential to engage millions of Canadians
Here are the skills and experience we’re looking for:
- Deep commitment to our mission of empowering people everywhere to win campaigns on critical issues
- 2-3+ years experience in grassroots organizing, political campaigning, social activism, or community engagement
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Knowledge of Canada’s political landscape, key decision-makers and media
- Proven ability to juggle multiple campaigns in different phases of the campaign cycle simultaneously through prioritization, communication, and timeline-driven planning
- Social media skills that show an ability to engage followers and create content that gains traction and shares
- Strong organization and task management skills, ability to work in a fast-paced environment, proactive and self-directed
- Comfortable working virtually -- though you’ll have some colleagues physically in the office, the North American team is spread across multiple cities and time zones, and we work with colleagues in nearly 20 countries
- Fluency in French considered an asset, but not a requirement
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 50 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
5 weeks vacation