Director of Data
- Data Science
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Build a vision for data science, data engineering and the data platform. Own the roadmap, and manage major initiatives and milestones around modeling for various areas.
- Own data modeling infrastructure and define model building and hand-over process with the Data team and other engineering stakeholders.
- Lead, manage and grow your team, with a focus on results and retention.
- Engage and participate in external data science meetups and events to share knowledge and promote Change.org engineering brand.
- Masters' degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science or related field with a minimum of 7 years of experience.
- Significant experience with a general-purpose programming language (such as R, Python, Hadoop, MapReduce or other big data frameworks).
- Demonstrated strong business, analytical and technical expertise.
- Strong track record of successful data science and/or data engineering projects.
- Experience turning ideas into actionable designs and delivering solutions to end users.
- Experience building large scale data/machine learning infrastructure.
- Experience in the use of statistical packages and machine learning libraries.
- Business competencies: strong interpersonal skills, leadership, pro-activity, capacity to build a vision, conceptual thinking, innovation, problem solving, teamwork, and change management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent presentation skills.
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 50 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
5 weeks vacation