Communication Designer - SF
- North America - United States
Change.org is the world’s largest empowerment platform, used by more than 85 million people around the world to win incredible and inspiring victories on the issues they care about. We’re an innovative business – a certified “B Corp” combining the structure of a business with a powerful sense of mission that drives our work. Over 25 million users have signed winning petitions, including strengthening hate crimes legislation in South Africa; fighting corruption in Indonesia, Italy, and Brazil; ending the ban on gay Boy Scouts in the United States, and big wins for women’s rights in India. And we’re just getting started. Here’s a small snapshot of what was changed last year: www.change.org/2014 We love serving our incredible users, and we love our staff too. We show it with very competitive salaries, five weeks of vacation, robust maternity and parental leave, an amazing culture, free language training (if you want it), and a high impact, low-ego team that can’t wait to learn from you and teach you what they know. We are seeking a versatile communication designer with the passion and talent to build our visual brand across web and print, using visual communication to tell great Change.org stories. Pair type, media, and graphic illustration to unite a cohesive set of print and online materials; simplify complex ideas through accessible visualizations; and imbue Change.org values and personality wherever we’re seen. Work closely with the design director, marketing and communications, and product leadership. Join a small and dedicated design team to redefine modern organizing.
Here's what you'll do as part of our team:
- Help build the design culture of Change.org—enhance a visual brand that gets covered in the media hundreds of times per day, and a website that is quickly approaching 100 million supporters
- Learn and share with talented designers, communication strategists, campaigners and executives
- Work in a beautiful, window-filled office in Potrero Hill, San Francisco's design district
- Enjoy healthy work-life balance, five weeks of vacation, and other great benefits available to everyone at Change.org
- Gain the satisfaction of good and meaningful work
And here are the skills & experience we hope you have:
- Clarity. An ability to write and communicate clearly and synthesize complex ideas in ways that are easy to understand. Great design begins with great content and you will be central to facilitating and shaping that content.
- Design & typographic savvy. Understanding of traditional and contemporary design standards, including typographic and UI patterns, grid systems, color theory, and brand communication. The perfect kern comes naturally.
- Photo/video proficiency. We’re not expecting a pro photographer—we’ll have a separate rec for that—but you’re ready to help build the Change.org media library.
- Tool versatility. With particular consideration to the Adobe Creative Suite, you’re comfortable with Keynote and basic wireframing apps. Comfort with basic HTML & CSS is not necessary, but helpful.
- Flexibility. You seek the best design, wherever it comes from—pulling for broad input, tools, and approaches; and ready to switch gears when priorities change.
- Drive. You’re goal oriented and unblock “blockers” when you see them; you lead design projects independently and want to see Change.org become a more iconic brand.
The position is located in San Francisco. Change.org is an exceptionally agile and collaborative work environment. Your co-workers are high-impact, low-ego, and have a deep respect for our users. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed. We are working for a world where no one is powerless, and where creating change is a part of everyday life. We're just getting started, and we hope you'll join us.
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 50 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
5 weeks vacation
Free language training