Data Engineer - SF
- North America - United States
Here's what you'll do as part of our team:
- You will get in early and help us set technical direction on the Data Science team for a company with tens of millions of users; and big ambitions.
- Build a data and computational infrastructure that can simultaneously handle batch large scale analytics, real time streaming analytics and perform machine learning training and prediction to serve millions of users
- Own the architecture, delivery, and evolution of interrelated big data systems.
- Follow good engineering practices such as architectural design, unit testing, test driven development
- Code, write, and converse daily.
- Work with the infrastructure team to ensure that all the required monitoring, exception handling and fault tolerance is in place to maximize robustness of the data architecture
- Build fault tolerant distributed machine learning workflows
- Develop flexible event tracking and querying pipeline for experiment analysis and analytics
- Contribute to moving to a multi-datacenter, resilient service-oriented architecture with autoscaling
And here are the skills & experience we hope you have:
- You are able to explain deeply technical concepts, algorithms and products to colleagues of various technical levels is a must have.
- 3+ years industry experience in developing production software in languages such as Ruby, Java, Python and query languages such as SQL and CQL
- 2+ years of industry experience in working independently within a cross-functional engineering team
- 1+ years of experience in developing a data pipeline with custom ETL that accommodates batch and streaming analytics
- 1+ years of experience in using distributed computing architectures such as AWS products (e.g. EC2, Redshift, EMR), Hadoop, Spark and effective use of map-reduce, SQL and Cassandra to solve big data type problems
- 1+ years of experience in understanding and optimizing dimensional warehouse data models
- Passion for converting innovative data science innovations and algorithms into data products
This is a full-time opportunity, based in San Francisco. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed. We are working for a world where no one is powerless, and where creating change is a part of everyday life. We're just getting started, and we hope you'll join us.
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 50 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
5 weeks vacation
Free language training