- You are a leader. You work closely with people from all walks of life who start campaigns on Change.org – sometimes at their most vulnerable, sometimes at their most powerful – inspiring them to think bigger, motivating them to speak louder and supporting them as they push for the change they believe in.
- You have experience on large campaigns, in busy newsrooms or within political parties but now you’re looking for something more fulfilling and with more potential for growth, here and globally.
- You’re a very strong writer: you pump out sharp, concise campaign copy, media releases, social media captions and email text.
- You know the media intimately: for each campaign you know where to take what story, who to speak to and how. Your campaign strategies have strong media plans inbuilt that amplify the voices of our petition starters and increase pressure on campaign decision-makers.
- You understand how decisions are made and by who: you have a keen understanding of power landscapes, influence levers, political and parliamentary processes and the most effective ways to leverage different forms of people power,
- You're driven by results: you use complex data to test your ideas, track your progress and measure your success.
- You’re a digital native: you’re experienced with CRMs, organising tools, blast email systems and know a bit of HTML. You’re interested in product development and innovation and are keen to participate in optimising the Change.org platform.
- You care about impact: you crave the next victory and are always on the hunt for the next big opportunity to change the world.
- Your commitment to empowering people to make change means you’re
- determined, persistent, creative and strategic.
As the Campaigns Director for Change.org Australia, you will:
- Identify the most significant social change campaign opportunities in Australia, and critical intervention points for everyday people to gain more power in our democracy.
- Be responsible for leading campaign support for people who start petitions on our platform, helping win groundbreaking and nation capturing campaigns across a wide variety of issues.
- Develop and execute rapid response campaign strategies, including innovative online and offline tactics, that help petition starters win campaigns that seem impossible.
- Pitch and secure media coverage of petitions by liaising with journalists and media outlets, preparing press notes and mentoring petition starters through media interviews.
- Engage with senior political and corporate decision makers across the country to facilitate responses and engagement with petitions.
- Write compelling copy & create online content about users' campaigns and impact, including emails, social and video content.
- Work with campaigns staff to help manage the largest social change email list in the country -- delivering new and best practice online engagement tactics.
- Identify and help deliver fundraising and membership retention tactics within campaigns to help grow Australia's membership program.
- Support petition starters by leading the organising of offline tactics like petition deliveries.
- Work with the Australian Executive Director to develop and effectively track ambitious campaign impact, growth and engagement goals and the KPIs to deliver these goals.
Interested in the role? Here are some details:
- This position is a full-time permanent role.
- This position will be based in our Sydney office, but if you’re based somewhere else or would need a more flexible arrangement, please don’t let this be what stops you from applying. Get in touch.
- The renumeration for this role is $103,500 AUD.
- Applications close on August 31.
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 50 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
Plenty of vacation