Key responsibilities & outcomes
- Work with different technologies, languages and frameworks in all layers of the web stack, from front-end to back-end
- Architect and design new features that use Rails and/or Elixir.
- Ensure availability and reliability of our services in production
- Work in an agile development environment (Kanban, iterative development, short release cycles)
- Drive, define and teach best engineering practices
- Contribute to the vision and long-term strategy in your domain of expertise
- Code, Review, Monitor!
The most important capabilities for the role are:
- Superior ability engineering at scale (e.g. experience with large scale distributed systems and microservice architectures)
- High aptitude with Ruby/Rails: ability to build high traffic APIs in high performance environments
- You write clean, extensible, well-tested code
- Knowledge and experience with Cloud (AWS) and Infrastructure as Code (Terraform) tools
- Ability and desire to coach and mentor junior engineers
Additional capabilities we’ll consider:
- Aptitude with Frontend frameworks such as React.js or Angular.js
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 200 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
Plenty of vacation