Campaigns and Membership Specialist, Animals
- Full- time
- New York City, San Francisco, or Washington, D.C.
As a member of our team:
- Support impactful campaigns through research and planning - including campaign narrative, tactics, timelines, messaging - based on your understanding of power and leverage points needed to win campaigns
- Regularly audit and spot compelling campaign opportunities from petitions that are started by Change.org users -- looking for opportunities to feature petitions to users via email, and to share the stories of petition starters with our users over social media, on Change.org’s blog, and to traditional media as warranted
- Work with a core team focused on scaling Change.org’s membership program to build a vibrant community of people who care deeply about making an impact in the world of animal protection. This will be closely integrated with the impact work of campaigning, and you’ll be part of a team executing on this priority
- Liaise with organizations to support their work on Change.org or to connect them to petition starters to amplify their campaigns
- Stay up to date on corporate news, politics, and pop culture to identify opportunities to engage the public in rapid response animal-related campaigns
- Help the North America team tackle other tasks around long-term engagement of users and scaling membership to support the sustainability of the company.
This describes you:
- Deep commitment to our mission of empowering people everywhere to win campaigns on the critical issues of our times.
- Familiarity with online fundraising tactics, email list engagement, and/or cultivating and building membership or subscription programs.
- 2-3+ years experience in grassroots organizing, political campaigning, social activism, or community engagement.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple campaigns in different phases of the campaign cycle simultaneously through prioritization, communication, and timeline-driven planning.
- Social media skills that show an ability to engage followers and create content that gains traction and shares.
- Comfortable working virtually -- though you’ll have some colleagues physically in the office, the North American team is spread across multiple cities and time zones, and globally we work with colleagues in nearly 20 countries.
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 50 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
5 weeks vacation
Free language training