Here's what you'll do as part of our team:
- Work in an agile environment (TDD, pairing, short release cycles).
- Improve the coverage and reliability of our automated test suites.
- Support and develop Software Engineers through mentorship and coaching.
- Architect new systems and components.
- Troubleshoot scaling and deployment issues.
- Take part in regular creative brainstorming sessions to improve product quality.
- Lead technical projects.
- Teach, learn, and document.
Here are the skills & experience we hope you have:
- 5+ years technical experience in the software industry
- 3+ years experience in test-driven development and test automation
- Experience with multiple test frameworks
- Experience with Selenium or other browser automation tools
- Experience with continuous integration (CI) tools
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to influence, collaborate and work effectively with other product development teams
- A passion for product quality, and for championing systems and process improvements to allow developers to move faster and with higher confidence in their code quality
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Ruby on Rails test frameworks and tools, such as RSpec and Cucumber
- Knowledge of Chef or similar configuration management tools.
- Knowledge of additional languages and frameworks.
- Experience in additional software stacks.
- Experience teaching and mentoring.
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 50 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
Plenty of vacation