Systems Engineer - SF
- North America - United States
Change.org is the world’s largest empowerment platform, used by more than 95 million people around the world to win incredible and inspiring victories on the issues they care about. We’re an innovative business – a certified “B Corp” combining the structure of a business with a powerful sense of mission that drives our work (more about B Corps: www.bcorporation.net). Over 25 million users have signed winning petitions, including strengthening hate crimes legislation in South Africa; fighting corruption in Indonesia, Italy, and Brazil; ending the ban on gay Boy Scouts in the United States, and big wins for women’s rights in India. And we’re just getting started. Here’s a small snapshot of what was changed last year: www.change.org/2014 We love serving our incredible users, and we love our staff too. We show it with very competitive salaries, five weeks of vacation, robust maternity and parental leave, an amazing culture, free language training (if you want it), and a high impact, low-ego team that can’t wait to learn from you and teach you what they know.
Here's what you'll do as part of our team:
- Be part of a small, close-knit team
- Build and scale core services and remove obstacles by building fast and reliable services.
- Some of the technologies we use are: Nginx, Ruby on Rails, Java, Node.js, Dropwizard, Redis, MongoDB and MySQL.
And here are the skills & experience we hope you have:
- You've built that cool service or tool your peers used and then wonder how they ever worked without.
- You have a sound understanding of Linux, process management, networking and network protocols.
- You have experience in scalable web site deployments.
- You have familiarity with MySQL and/or Redis.
- You have working knowledge of Ruby on Rails, Unicorn &amp; Nginx.
- You have knowledge of Chef or similar configuration management tools.
- You can properly size-up a situation to understand the potential risk versus gain.
- You have put in place tools to ensure the reliability, availability and serviceability of a service.
- You can identify and analyze issues across the entire stack.
- You can learn new skills quickly as the need arises.You have experience with JVM configuration and performance tuning.
- MySQL multi-master
This is a full-time opportunity, based in San Francisco. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed. We are working for a world where no one is powerless, and where creating change is a part of everyday life. We're just getting started, and we hope you'll join us.
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 50 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
5 weeks vacation
Free language training