Here's what you'll do as part of our team:
- Take part in regular creative brainstorming sessions to improve the product quality.
- Work in an agile development environment (Kanban, iterative development, short release cycles).
- Lead technical projects.
- Support and develop Software Engineers through mentorship and coaching.
- Proactively refactor the codebase to improve its quality.
- Contribute to our bottom line through rigorous analytics and A/B testing.
- Teach, learn, and document.
- Collaboration - you demonstrate great communication and teamwork.
- Proactive - you are able to drive projects forward with minimal intervention.
- Personable - you are able to handle challenges and disagreements effectively.
- Technical excellence - you demonstrate mastery of specific skills.
- Learner - you are driven to learn and grow.
- Mentor - you desire to mentor less experienced engineers.
- Drive - you have a curious attitude and a desire to increase the impact of the platform.
- 1+ years of React.
- Strong proficiency and knowledge of CSS.
- Ability to effectively cost & scope technical work.
- Proficiency with different testing tools and methodologies.
- Proficiency with Git or other distributed version control systems.
- Proficiency with browser developer tools.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Ruby on Rails.
- Experience working, or integrating, with payment gateways (PayPal, Braintree, Stripe).
- Experience with GraphQL or Falcor data platforms.
- Experience with CSS preprocessors LESS or SASS.
- Experience with data-driven iterative development.
- Experience teaching and mentoring.
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 50 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
Plenty of vacation