Senior Product Designer, Growth
- Full- time
- Victoria, British Columbia
As a member of our team, you will:
- Obsess over what motivates or prevents people from taking social action on the issues they care about. Whether it’s signing petitions, contributing money or holding the powerful accountable - your core job will be to turn the apathetic into the active, the disengaged into passionate advocates.
- Identify opportunities and pain points across the user experience that have the potential to significantly improve acquisition, activation, retention, referrals or revenue.
- Work collaboratively with Product Managers, Designers, Engineers, and Campaigners to develop and prioritize solutions.
- Rapidly create user flows and pixel perfect designs that solve user problems, generate business value, and bring our brand to life. Obsess over the details, and polish.
- Ship designs and test, test, test, test. Understand what works from digging into quantitative data, and understand why through doing qualitative research. Learn, iterate, and improve.
- Learn and grow your expertise to succeed - in addition to your design practice, immerse yourself in campaigning, activism, marketing, and copywriting.
- You’ll be an equal partner in design planning and strategy, and own product areas from concept to release.
- Wake up excited to work. You’re building the world's largest platform for social change and empowering people everywhere to create the change they want to see.
This describes you:
- 5+ years of design experience or a portfolio that speaks to your design experience.
- You’ve worked on a consumer web product or have excellent experience in an agency setting.
- You understand user needs, space, form, typography and flow in order to create great user experiences.
- A passion and skill for the intersection of user experience, business, marketing, and data. This could be from experience as a designer on a growth team, or from work or immersion in related fields.
- You have the ability to turn complex and overlapping objectives into clearly defined complementary objectives for teams to execute on.
- You have a bias towards action and a results-driven mentality. You’re persistent and unwilling to lose or leave problems unsolved.
- Design tools experience: From Adobe Illustrator to Sketch to whatever you think does the job best. You’re tool agnostic and happy to try or share new ones.
- A practical understanding of front-end technologies (HTML/CSS) and how your designs could be implemented. Bonus if you can do your own prototyping and front end work.
- You’re transparent, proactive, and have clear written and verbal communication skills.
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 50 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
5 weeks vacation
Free language training