- London, United Kingdom
As a member of our team:
- Propose and take forward agreed strategies to grow and refresh membership, including implementation timelines and agreeing and meeting membership revenue goals.
- Build and deliver a member acquisition and retention journey plan, modifying in response to outcomes.
- Coordinate all membership communications with the wider engagement and growth objectives of Change.org UK.
- Write a range of engaging content including acquisition and retention emails, short form ads, updates and more.
- Set and effectively track financial and growth goals together with the underlying KPIs that will deliver them.
- Manage external vendors.
- Work with the team to ensure members have a calendar of events to engage with.
- You'll collaborate with the international team of Membership Managers to share best practises and learnings.
- Stay up to date, learn from and deliver best practise in membership, subscriber and regular giving programmes.
This describes you:
- An excellent copywriter with a strong sense of narrative and engagement.
- Well versed in email marketing and digital advertising tools.
- Data savvy and highly numerate - able to work across formats with segmentation, analysis and reporting.
- At least 3 years experience in; Delivery of monthly giving, membership or subscription programme.
- At least 3 years experience in; Delivery of email/digital content to a wide audience
- Competent in Microsoft Excel/Google Spreadsheets is a must.
- Ideally familiar with HTML.
- You have a 'can-do' attitude and are a self-starter proposing new ideas to test and implement.
- Experience in either social business, charity sector or politics is a plus.
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 50 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
5 weeks vacation
Free language training