- Rome, Italy
Here are the tasks you would be asked to handle in this role:
- Work with a team of campaigners, media, and email experts to support the people who start petitions on our platform by performing issue research, providing strategic advice, conducting outreach to media and starters, and promoting petitions across the web and to our members via email
- Support campaigns staff with strategies to escalate campaigns launched on Change.org, and help drive them toward victory
- Write social media posts and social media drive strategy
- Prepare drafts of press notes and press releases to support petition starters and the campaigns they start on Change.org
- Write content for our users to be published on our company blog and to be sent out to our users via email
- Help identify and manage the most significant campaign opportunities in Italy
And here are the skills and experience we hope you have:
- A deep commitment to our mission of empowering people everywhere to win campaigns on the critical issues of our time.
- Some experience working in a professional setting -- preferably (but not required) in the media, with a company, or at a nonprofit.
- Ability to write compelling and concise text for social media, email, press, and petitions
- A familiarity and interest in the global media landscape
- An interest in learning how to powermap a campaign opportunity with an eye toward getting decision makers to respond
- Strong organization and task management skills, with an ability to follow directions from coworkers without heavy oversight, and to keep track of various tasks that are delegated
- A strong familiarity with online organizing tactics, including email and social mediaExperience working within diverse and marginalized communities, and a proven track record of success in bringing these issues to the fore in the public discourse
- A willingness to take risks, fail, and adapt
- Strong sense of fun, innovation, and give-and-take -- our team is constantly pushing the envelope and each other to challenge assumptions, go all-in, and imagine the impossible
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 50 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
5 weeks vacation
Free language training