Global Policy Development & Implementation
- Lead the development and implementation of global company and platform policies, prioritized based on key business and brand needs.
- Build policy understanding among country staff through training, resource development, and internal communication.
- Provide strategic support and act as an advisor to country teams on an on-call and as-needed basis for media enquiries around policy issues.
- Be a global escalation point for content and policy issues from teams around the world.
- Support the User Success and Safety team to ensure effective implementation of our policies via our Help Center.
- Draft communications for a range of external stakeholders, including legislators, media, users and civil society organisations.
- Work with product development teams on ensuring trust, safety and user privacy is built-in in our platform by design.
- Be part of Change.org’s Data Protection Team.
Public Policy Management
- Monitor and analyze policy issues affecting Change.org and online activism, including emerging laws that could negatively impact company operations and online activism, in partnership with country teams
- Partner with our legal team to help manage major company-wide compliance projects (e.g. EU’s General Data Protection Regulation, NetzDG, EPrivacy regulation...) and legal questions regarding our company, such as questions from regulators and user data requests.
- Work with Change.org Country teams on public policy submissions, public engagement, coalition building and campaigning to shape better legislation.
- Articulate Change.org policy positions in briefing papers, consultation responses and internal policy meetings.
- Advise Change.org teams on public policy matters to guide the development of products, services and policies.
- Maintain strategic partnerships and represent Change.org in industry coalitions, other technology companies and civil society.
- Provide support to country teams on crisis communications, contributing to the company’s public response.
- Develop and effectively disseminate company messaging on frequently asked difficult questions to support country teams.
You should apply if some of these describe you:
- You’re committed to our mission of empowering people everywhere to win campaigns on the critical issues of our times;
- You have a consistent track record of developing and communicating policies for consumer internet companies;
- You are a great writer and communicator: you can both capture concepts clearly and communicate them publicly in a way that inspires confidence, and you have some experience on developing communication strategies, ideally for a digital and global organization.
- You are strong at research and turning its findings into practical action;
- You have a track record of working with policy makers;
- You are an effective problem-solver: you enjoy breaking complex problems into component parts and offering solutions that improve and scale your teammates’ work
- You are good at collaborating with and influencing people across functions and countries.
- You like to think big, innovate, take risks, fail and adapt.
- You have very high proficiency in English. Additional languages (Spanish, French, or other) a bonus.
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 200 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
Plenty of vacation