Grants & Communications Manager, Change.org Charitable Foundation
- Change.org Charitable Foundation
- San Francisco, CA or New York, New York or Washington, D.C.
As a member of this new team:
- You are an avid writer with strong interpersonal skills and have a passion for digital civic action
- You provide a solid knowledge of the non-profit and major donations (grants, HNI) sector in the US and globally
- You help design and maintain consistent messaging across the Foundation's external written materials, including social media, direct mail, and grant applications
- Work closely with the Foundation's local chapters to create written proposals and reports describing the Foundation's programs and accurately capturing qualitative and quantitative data.
- As a key member of the Foundation Team, you contribute to the achievement of the team's fundraising targets set out in annual development plans
- Identify, cultivate and prioritize potential and existing donors for funding opportunities
- Oversee the Foundation's portfolio of current and potential grant-making donors through identification, research, proposals, tracking, and reporting to foundations
- Update and edit existing grant materials and create new clear, concise and compelling letters of intent, proposals, budgets, reports, and other correspondence for submission to foundations
- Manage Salesforce based filing system and database records on donors and prospects. Ensure all information (relevant communications with donor, contact information, drafts and submissions of proposals and reports and applications) is current and comprehensively documented
- Maintain a grants calendar to track proposals for submission, interim/final reports due, action items for cultivating and soliciting targeted donors as well as departmental deadlines and notifying appropriate staff of pending deadlines to ensure grant compliance
- Develop and maintain processes for grant and contract management; ensuring they remain applicable to current donor requirements
- Liaise with Change.org Financial team for compliance and financial reporting to donors
- Coordinate the design, production, and updating of all communication formats. These include printed and electronic publications, brochures, newsletters, annual reports, event materials, website and audio/visual presentations
- Manage online communications activities, including the organization’s website, e-communications, etc.
- Provide organizational guidance in communicating core messages to build broader recognition of the organization’s name, mission, programs, and successes and a growing community of donors and partners
This describes you:
- A passion for Change.org's mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic and fast-paced organization
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a supportive, motivated team to achieve specific fundraising targets
- B.A. degree or higher in Communications, English, or related field (Applicants without a B.A. would be considered with additional qualifying experience in journalism, communications, or grant management and administration.)
- Minimum of three years of professional fundraising experience with a non-profit organization, including demonstrated success at writing and securing grants
- Knowledge of US institutional donors and their compliance requirements with proven experience of developing successful funding proposals and overseeing large complex grants
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize with attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to compose, edit, and proof documents
- Ability to work independently, and as a part of a team
- Hands-on experience with Google Docs / Spreadsheet (or Excel)/Presentations
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 50 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
5 weeks vacation
Free language training