- Lead our infrastructure team on daily systems operations and the ongoing management and evolution of our infrastructure platform.
- Manage our 24-7 on-call rotations.
- Recruit, manage, and develop our globally distributed team of infrastructure engineers.
- Contribute to the ongoing vision and evolution of our site infrastructure, delivery, and observability tools.
- Work with constituent teams to establish the engineering roadmap, sequencing, and priorities for your team
- Break down complex and long term projects, estimate efforts, drive the team on implementation, communicate progress and results.
- Manage relevant vendor relationships, including evaluation of existing and new vendors, contract negotiations, capacity planning, and influence of vendor roadmaps.
- Willing and able to jump in to support projects as an individual contributor, or to prototype potential solutions to more difficult problems the infrastructure team is facing.
The most Important capabilities of the role:
- People Management, Coaching & Mentorship: A good Manager and Coach who is able to support team growth on different management styles and projects and mentor different members of the team.
- Planning & Execution: A good planner and executor that excels in deconstructing projects into a well defined action plan. Is also excellent at giving others on the team an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Coding Skills, Architecture & Design, Performance: Understanding of & hands-on experience with infrastructure and technical operations. Expert level experience in Cloud computing, architecture, and cost management (AWS, GCP). Depth of knowledge in provisioning and configuration management (Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, Chef, Puppet) as well as containerized environments (Docker, Kubernetes). Skilled with datastore setup and maintenance, application routing and scaling (NGINX, Cloudflare, observability solutions and services (NewRelic, SignalFX, Splunk, DataDog), CI/CD pipeline automation (Jenkins, CircleCI) and Linux administration
- Communication: A good communicator who sets standards of collaboration and communication across a large group. Some who is viewed as a leader who proactively starts conversations that solve problems.
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 200 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
Plenty of vacation