- Define UX strategy and evolve our UX processes, testing methods, and design system to deliver exceptional customer experiences
- Embrace and continually improve Lean UX approaches to deliver the most value to customers as soon as possible
- Develop and grow your team’s expertise in product design, user research, and content development and production, doubling the team within 12 months
- Influence the product roadmap, both short term and long term
- Oversee multiple projects and scale design resources accordingly, ensuring deadlines are met, your org is effective, excellent and inclusive, and team members are set up for success by setting clear and measurable goals.
- 8+ years leading a team of designers, researchers, content developers, and producers
- Extensive knowledge of design tools like InVision, and Figma, and a working knowledge of how design systems can be built to accelerate customer value
- Proven ability to collaborate deeply with product and engineering partners; fluency with front end code and CMS management is a big plus
- Demonstrated ability in balancing design, execution, and analysis of primary user research and user needs analysis
- A portfolio of previous work demonstrating depth of knowledge in UX strategy, content, interaction, visual design, design thinking, and team collaboration
- A robust track record of successfully shipping products to market where your focus on your craft shines through
The most important capabilities for the role are:
- Leadership & People Management: You inspire and motivate the people around you to deliver positive impacts for the business overall. You are a skilled collaborator & align the team and stakeholders across the business to execute effectively. You are a skilled communicator, you are comfortable giving and receiving feedback up, down and across. You’ve formally mentored others in their leadership skills to positive results. You live and breathe Change.org values and influence others to do the same.
- Strategic impact: You deliver significant, measurable results for the business and mission while driving decisions to deliver the most impact efficiently. You develop and execute a UX strategy that is articulated, informed, and aligned to company strategy and goals.
- Customer Insights: You are a master synthesizing customer insights to inform product decisions. You’re also a coach for the team on applying qualitative and quantitative methods to decision-making and uncover new product insights. You are skilled at mentoring teams in the process of exploring and converging on solutions. You are an expert at product discovery processes and mentor the team to identify opportunities and define valuable and feasible solutions.
- Craft: You have demonstrated expertise at two or more user experience disciplines and proven ability to coach and mentor the team on UX excellence (visual design, interaction design, content, research). You have a Bias for Action and improve how teams communicate by defining processes, standards, best practices, and new ways of showing work. You have coached to UX culture through mentoring initiatives on design thinking, strategy, and research.
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 200 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
Plenty of vacation