What you'll do:
- Work with data scientists and other data and machine learning engineers to design and implement complex and reliable batch and streaming ETLs using Spark for generating signals and datasets and to productize ML models
- Tool our systems for observability, reliability, and monitoring, and manage our warehouses and big data computation engines for optimal performance at scale
- You’ll take lead on a number of feature engineering projects using scalable data processing solutions and leveraging technologies such as Spark, Druid, Kafka/Kinesis, Lambda, Glue, Athena, etc.
- You’ll build and support internal A/B testing, multi-armed bandit and other machine learning experimentation platforms
- Most of all, you’ll have fun, make friends and enjoy a rewarding job in a uniquely progressive engineering culture, helping millions of activists around the world to create social change.
- 5 years development experience of which at least 2-3 years are focused on building complex data transformations and applications with Spark and Scala
- Significant software engineering experience developing high quality reliable software in Python, Scala or Java
- Significant experience with complex data preprocessing, enrichment, transformation, and integration processes from multiple data sources (ETLs)
- A deep understanding of Spark internals (or other open source, scalable, and real-time stream processing computation system) and ability to build things from scratch
- Experience with AWS (or similar Cloud) services
- Experience with recommender, or search/ranking systems
- Experience with cloud based relational data storage (eg. PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- BA/BS or above in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with NoSQL databases and key-value stores, such as Cassandra, Redis
- Experience designing, deploying and/or maintaining stream processing software (Kafka strongly preferred)
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 200 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
Plenty of vacation