As a key member of our Engineering team, you’ll:
- Architect and build new features and services, maintain existing ones.
- Debug issues across the stack and underlying systems
- Manage scaling performance enhancements
- Help to set technical direction and priorities
- Have to ability to break down ambiguous problems into actionable chunks and then execute on them
- Manage their own priorities and set the pace for a team of engineers to execute successfully on a shared vision
- Performing code reviews and mentoring more junior engineers to level up the team
The most important capabilities for the role are:
- Architecture & Design, Performance: Ability to create robust, scalable, and performant cross-systems architecture and influence architectural decisions in a collaborative environment.
- Planning & Execution: Deconstructing projects into a well-defined action plan, and being responsible for its execution.
- Communication: Communicate early and often, sharing ideas, analysis, and information in a direct, articulate manner. Partner and collaborate effectively cross-functionally.
- Coaching & Mentorship: You’ve helped shape and define other engineers’ growth. Even better if you’ve also been responsible for their growth as their direct manager!
- Experience using Elixir with amplified ability to work on the backend
- Experience working independently with little supervision
- Experience managing uncertainty and ability to keep calm, learn, and move forward in the face of change
- Experience mentoring and coaching engineers
Additional experience we are looking for:
- Familiarity with Event Driven Architecture
- Experience building strategic solutions for full team execution
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 200 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
Plenty of vacation