Here's what you'll do as part of our team:
- Work with different technologies, languages and frameworks in all layers of the web stack, from front-end to back-end
- Architect and design new features that use React, GraphQL and Rails
- Ensure availability and reliability of our services in production
- Work in an agile development environment (Kanban, iterative development, short release cycles)
- Drive, define and teach best engineering practices
- Contribute to the vision and long-term strategy in your domain of expertise
- Code, Review, Monitor!
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Significant experience engineering at scale (e.g. experience with large scale distributed systems and microservice architectures)
- Experience with either Ruby, or Elixir
- Experience with MySQL or similar relational data stores.
- Familiar with different types of databases, such as key-value stores, NoSQL databases
- Hands on experience designing and implementing in all layers of the web stack, from frontend to backend
Nice to have skills:
- Experience working with GraphQL (preferred) or REST APIs
- Experience with AWS or other Cloud Infrastructure
- Experience with containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Familiarity with infrastructure tools like Chef, Puppet or Terraform
- Experience as a technical mentor
- Experience with Event-Driven architecture
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 200 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
Plenty of vacation