- Full- time
- Sydney, Australia
As Lead Campaigner in our team, you will:
- Be responsible for leading campaign support for people who start petitions on our platform -- helping win groundbreaking and nation capturing campaigns across a wide variety of issues.
- Identify the most significant social change campaign opportunities in Australia, and critical intervention points for everyday people to gain more power in our democracy.
- Develop and execute campaign strategies, including innovative online and offline tactics, that help petition starters win campaigns that seem impossible.
- Pitch and secure media coverage of petitions by liaising with journalists and media outlets, preparing press notes and mentoring petition starters through media interviews.
- Engage with senior political and corporate decision makers across the country to facilitate responses and engagement with petitions.
- Work with campaigns staff to create compelling online content about users' petitions and impact, including emails, social and video content.
- Work with campaigns staff to help manage the largest social change email list in the country -- delivering new and best practice online engagement tactics.
- Identify and help deliver fundraising and membership retention tactics within campaigns to help grow Australia's membership program.
- Support petition starters by leading the organising of offline tactics like petition deliveries.
- Work with the Country Director to develop and effectively track ambitious campaign impact, growth and engagement goals and the KPIs to deliver these goals.
This describes you:
- You have a deep commitment to our mission of empowering people everywhere to win campaigns on the critical issues of our times.
- You have experience in owning the development and execution of campaign strategy, including power and media mapping an issue.
- You're driven by results, crave the next victory and are always on the hunt for the next big opportunity to change the world.
- You've got knowledge and deep interest in the Australian media and political landscape (news and social media junkies desired!), and know how to get a story to cut through in a busy newsroom.
- Your email and copywriting is killer. You've got a strong sense of narrative and user experience, and you can turn out compelling copy at short notice.
- You have a finger on the pulse of the latest campaign tactics.
- You've got an interest in using data to discover and learn best practices.
- Importantly, you're willing to take risks, fail, and adapt -- and are constantly curious about how to improve your work.
- You've got a strong sense of fun and give-and-take -- our team is constantly pushing the envelope and each other to challenge assumptions, go all-in, and imagine the impossible.
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 50 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
5 weeks vacation
Free language training