Here are the skills & experience we hope you have:
- You love finding great stories of social change.
- You enjoy listening to people and are curious about many things.
- You know how a social media campaign works and are very familiar with what makes a campaigns strong and widely appealing.
- You are a methodical and organised person, who pays close attention to detail.
- You are not afraid of taking risks, learning from failures and adapting your approach in many situations.
- You have excellent communication skills and know how to write content / texts in a very effective way.
- You take fun seriously.
- You are not afraid of challenges or thinking out of the box.
- You are comfortable writing and conversing in English.
Here’s what you’ll do as part of our team:
- You will work with campaigns created by our users helping and supporting them to achieve the victory.
- You will research, fact check and get to know the stories of our petition starters, supporting them throughout the process of their campaign.
- You would help the team in trying to get media attention to our petition starters stories writing press releases or email pitches.
- You will suggest new & innovative ideas about what a petition starter can do, while also providing advice and tools to empower them.
- You will help the campaigns team with content creation for our own social media channels (Twitter and Facebook)
Interested? Great! Here's what you should know:
- This is paid full-time internship (5 hours a day & ideally in the mornings).
- The position is based in Madrid.
- Duration: Six months.
- You must be able to prove you are currently a student so we can sign an agreement with your University / School, preferably (but not compulsory) with a degree in journalism, politics, law or media studies.
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 50 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
5 weeks vacation