Country Director - Australia
- Full- time
- Sydney, Australia
As our Country Director of Australia, you will focus on:
- Leadership: You will lead the Australian team by dedicatedly and substantially contributing to a better team by leading and mentoring others, training, problem solving, effectively communicating, sharing insights and innovation. You will also work collaborate with other leaders around the world to ‘think big’ about the opportunities we have to increase our impact.
- Impact: You will develop and execute on a strategy for more effectively empowering the 5 million Australians who use Change.org to create change on the issues they care about. This includes identifying the most significant social change campaign opportunities in Australia, connecting campaigns to government officials and business leaders in order to win campaigns for change and incubating thriving and independent movements. We are also looking to expand our reach in the region and support the development of Change.org in new countries.
- Revenue: You will lead the implementation of our user driven revenue strategy, and in particular our subscription program growth and retention plans. The success of our revenue products depends on inspiring, high-impact campaigns, creative and sustainable acquisition strategies, a sophisticated understanding of user engagement and retention, and a dedicated level of attention to data.
- Brand: You will continue growing our brand in Australia increasing the coverage of the remarkable stories of the campaign creators. You will maintain extensive networks at senior levels across civil society, business, media and government. You will be our public face in Australia, regularly sought after as speaker and inspiring leader
- Team Management: You will manage and lead a small team (4-5) of campaigners, communications staff, and digital fundraising experts. This includes recruiting and retaining great talent, setting high-reaching goals and motivating the team to hit them, fostering a culture of growth and collaboration, building efficient systems, and operational management (budgets, HR, etc).
You should apply if you have:
- A deep inner calling to empower people everywhere to create the change they want to see, and along with a deep understanding of the ecosystem of social change of which we are part.
- Knowledge and interest in the Australian activism, media and political landscape. Connections with leadership at organizations and mission-driven business doing digital advocacy, digital fundraising and social change work is a plus.
- Experience in leading and inspiring high performing teams: hiring and retaining great people and leading them to success.
- 4+ years of experience in digital advocacy, marketing, fundraising, a mission-driven business, or another related field.
- Familiarity with social change digital campaigning.
- Good written, public speaking, relationship building, and outreach skills.
- Been accountable for revenue targets and have some business development or related experience.
- Some experience with data and analytics that helps you draw insights from several different types of performance metrics and gain insight from a complex funnel of KPIs.
Interested? Great! Here's what you should know:
- This is a full-time opportunity based in Sydney.
- Salary commensurate with experience, ranging between 90,000-120,000 AUD.
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 50 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
5 weeks vacation