Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack
- San Francisco
Here's what you'll do as part of our team:
- Be part of a small, close-knit team.
- Take part in regular creative brainstorming sessions to improve the product quality.
- Work in an agile environment (TDD, pairing, short release cycles).
- Lead technical projects.
- Support and develop Software Engineers through mentorship and coaching.
- Architect new systems and components.
- Troubleshoot scaling and deployment issues.
- Proactively refactor the codebase to improve its quality.
- Contribute to our bottom line through rigorous analytics and A/B testing.
- Use your skills to make the world better.
- Create tools that turn abstract ideas into something visual.
- Teach, learn, and document.
And here are the skills & experience we hope you have:
- 5+ years of experience writing clean, performant, test-driven code; at least 2 in Ruby on Rails.
- Experience building systems from the ground up.
- Experience working with a production system at scale.
- Identify and analyze issues across the entire stack.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, especially in technical subjects.
- Properly size-up a feature to understand the potential risk versus gain.
- Put in place tools to ensure the reliability, availability and serviceability of a service.
- Build that cool service or tool your peers used and then wonder how they ever worked without.
- Sound understanding of Linux and process management.
- Familiarity working with data stores (MySQL, Redis, Cassandra).
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of Chef or similar configuration management tools.
- Knowledge of additional languages and frameworks.
- Experience in additional software stacks.
- Experience teaching and mentoring.
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 50 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
5 weeks vacation
Free language training