Campaigner (or Senior Campaigner)
- Full- Time
- San Francisco, CA, USA or New York, NY, USA or Washington, DC, USA
As a Campaigner, you will:
- Identify compelling petitions started on Change.org in North America, and work with petition starters to optimize their petition text, implement smart tactics, and amplify these petitions to reach millions of potential supporters on Change.org and keep the pressure up ‘til victory;
- Be on top of compelling issues and news stories to identify good opportunities for impactful petitions and find individual heroes to lead these petitions;
- Work with a team of crackerjack campaigners, media, and email experts to support petition starters achieve impact -- you’ll provide strategic advice to develop a comprehensive campaign strategy, media tactics, compelling content, email blasts, creative petition deliveries, and more, as you help people move their campaign towards victory and ultimately win.
- Build and maintain relationships with organizations, activists, and community members in key issue areas to facilitate the use of our platform for social change; and
- Collaborate with a global team of campaigners to identify opportunities for creating effective grassroots campaigns that win measurable social change around the world and build global communities of learning with shared wisdom and experience on campaigning best practices.
- If you are hired as a Senior Campaigner, you will additionally be responsible for coaching campaigners, and helping coordinate across the complexity of supporting multiple campaigns at various stages of development.
You’re a great fit for this role if you have:
- Experience campaigning for social impact (1 - 3 years experience for a Campaigner; 3 - 5 years for Senior Campaigner);
- A deep commitment to our mission of empowering people everywhere to win campaigns on the critical issues of our times.
- Strong, fast writing skills and a talent for storytelling that conveys the urgency, emotional stakes, and a theory of change for how we can win;
- A hunger for impact: you relentlessly pursue decision makers, media coverage, more supporters- whatever it takes.
- Experience mobilizing people to take action, online and on the ground;
- Relationships with communities that have faced disadvantage, discrimination or marginalization;
- Strong sense of fun, imagination, and a willingness to take risks, fail, learn and adapt
As a bonus, you might also have:
- An ability to spot 'cultural zeitgeist' moments and to know when a trend or news story has the capability of breaking out and becoming a dominant national conversation;
- A strong grasp of politics, the political process, and current social change issues within the United States.
Change.org is the fastest growing social change organization in the world, empowering more than 50 million people to create change in their communities.
We are building a world-class team of technologists and creatives along with the most accomplished team of social movement creators in the world.
Plenty of vacation